History of Holy Trinity
Holy Trinity Church is a place of worship and witness today as it has been since its consecration in August 1856. It was built on land given by the Slingsby family, and offered 612 free places in its pews to serve the town's expanding industrial population.
Inspired by the Catholic Revival, its architecture focuses in the High Altar. The spire, 166 feet above ground level and a familiar feature of the local sky-line, was added to the tower in 1864.