History of Nidd Church
The church was rebuilt in 1866 by Bradford architects TH & F Healey for Miss Elizabeth Rawson of Nidd Hall, The Hall is a Grade II listed mansion built in the 1820s for Elizabeth's father, Benjamin Rawson, a wealthy Bradford wool merchant, and inherited by the 13th Viscount Mountgarret through his maternal line in 1899. The church consists of nave and chancel, with a tower; and is in the decorated English style. It is on the site of a medieval church, remnants of which may be found in the stonework.
Monuments and windows in the church memorialise the Rawson and Mountgarret families, and the churchyard contains a large stone burial-vault of the Rawson family.